The Shame of the Cross - Heb 12: 7 - 10

We as Christian are to learn to accept and even enjoy God’s humiliating us. If we do not shame ourselves, i.e., if we do not sense our need to the point where we feel shame, God will do it for us.

To be ashamed before God is painful; to be put to shame by God is more painful, but the worst pain is to be put shame by the world. This I what Paul meant in 2 Cor 7:8 -10 about godly sorrow working repentance.


God put Jesus to shame and grief (Isa 53:10) but not for Himself, it was for me and you. His shame was my shame, in order that I may improve for there was nothing in Jesus that shame could improve.


The shame of the Cross is constantly being worked out in me daily. If I accept than I enjoy Isaiah’s word.

‘ He who believes…(on Him)...will not be ashamed” (Isa. 28:16)