To be a Formula-Christian - Romans 11:33


We as Christian should avoid the pitfall of being a formula Christian. We are surrounded by literature that promises me the secretes of victory, as if God can be reduced to a method for our victory and successful life. Everywhere we turn we discover ‘steps to this’ and ‘steps to that’  ...Christian who are privileged to share a new insight of God are quick to build it into a formula.

In order to avoid this we must keep in mind Paul’s expression in Rom 11: 33.

God will not let Himself be boxed into a recipe. How often I have discovered that when I attempted to use some else’s formula, it did not work for me. God’s dealing with us are strictly personal.


There are general and basic principles of course, but the application is always personal. That’s’ why someone else’s spiritual secrete is mystery to me.